Tuesday, May 8, 2012

my favourite lunch right now

The weather has turned and winter has almost fully set in. I have had about all I can handle of salads now and lunch for me has been a bit boring - tins of tuna with a carrot chaser just isn't cutting it! Last week I remembered a segment of Good Chef Bad Chef and was inspired to give this a try
http://www.goodchefbadchef.com.au/recipes/263
It's basically a homemade baked beans.


My recipe is a tad different. I use half an onion diced, 1-clove of garlic, 1-800g tin of diced italian tomatoes, 2 teaspoons of brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of Australian mustard, a sprinkle of oregano, and 1-400g tin of cannellini beans. Once it has all heated up I remove a little bit and reduced just slightly, I add goats feta on the top and then stick it under the grill.


I get about 4 lunches out of each batch, which makes each serve cost just under $2 buckaroos.


How clever am I! Don't I think I am a great big smarty pants! YES I DO.

No comments:

Post a Comment