Monday, May 14, 2012

another Vanity post.

It's all about me again. 


I have been tuned into a lot of diet talk again recently. More to the point I feel like everywhere I go people are talking about what new fancy schemes and tricks they are trying or want to try. Everyone knows someone who tried this or that and seems to have an opinion on it. 


I am fully aware that what works for me may not work for everyone else. I know that I have made the right choices for me. I also know that other peoples success can be feel threatening because it highlights your own failures - and I know because I have sat in that space all to often in my short life. It is no longer important for others to do things my way. I have no need to have the approval of others to make sure that I have done the right thing.


Approval now comes from success. So get ready for some extremely vain opinions of myself!


This was me towards the end of last year. I had already started my healthy journey so I'm sure I probably looked far worse - but I never let there be any photographic evidence

And this is me now 21KG's lighter!
Ha - Don't I just love myself sick right now!

Now I would like to point out that I am not wearing any "shapewear" in these photos,(but I truly do believe that every girl should own some for every red carpet event and that includes grocery shopping and school runs!)
My body type will never be stick thin, and I am OK with that. Perhaps your thirties are for accepting the body you have and not trying to make it into something unattainable.

I got here from no secret remedies or potions or fads. Just one day at a time healthy living. My unhealthy life was built much in the same manner, one day at a time of bad eating and no exercise and sad excuses.

I now include myself in life much more. The idea of bathers doesn't make me want to hurl. And I have loads more photo's of myself with my kids, because I'm not more worried about how I look than capturing the memories.

I still have demons - ones that feed on sugar and doubt. But now they only have visits in my head instead of taking out long term leases. 

Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. you look fantastic, congratulations for the success on your hard work! :)

    ReplyDelete