Monday, October 24, 2011

Trying to find a balance

Today in between school drop off and kindy gym classes I have been cooking up a storm to freeze so that we can still live our busy lives and have some simple healthy home cooked food on the chaotic days. It's something I should have done a long time ago - but stubbornly I tried to ignore common sense.
  • I have made chilli mince for 3 nights
  • lasagna for 3.5nights (the half is enough for the kids and I can grab a soup or salad)
  • chicken parmi's for 2 nights
  • beef curry for 4 nights
All I have to do is steam some rice/vegetables and/or add some fresh herbs, or possibly whip up a quick salad and we are done. I also have lean burger patties and buns, snags and steak in the freezer so a BBQ's is another option. I'm hoping that all this mixed will sort my mid week dinners out for the next month.
Now I feel we can do everything we have planned to achieve this school term and still eat safe meals. Can you tell I am so stinking proud of myself? Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment