Wednesday, October 26, 2011

getting crafty and spooky

We don't really celebrate halloween in this house. I guess thankfully it is not a big tradition in Oz and so it has only just started being pushed by all the supermarkets and advertising. And while i really would never entertain the trolling the streets for lollies, I would like to embrace the festivities with friends etc. So this year I thought I'd have a little dabble at some decorations. They were so cheap to make they would even be great party deco's.
So I started with some 8inch paper lanterns which were $1.50 each and a packet of plastic spiders, also $1.50 and some craft glue. And really from here it is a no brainer, glue as many or as little as you like over the lanterns

as many

or as few as you like
The lanterns could be linked together easily or hung separately wherever you want to decorate. It is raining outside tonight so we have them on my favourite tree inside to show you.
Here is a shot of them with some battery operated tea candles inside
Wouldn't they be dreamy scattered around you garden!

I loved the idea so much I even made a pair of spring inspired ones with colourful paper butterflies. I will definitely be making many more of these for future parties!

As you can probably tell the dark and dodgy pics are by me, whereas the light, clear and arty ones were done by Clint. I might have to make him my official blog photographer. Do you agree?

1 comment:

  1. They look great! Very clever and simple idea :)

    ReplyDelete