Thursday, October 20, 2011

candle holder upcycle

 I have recently started enjoying scented candle and have discovered that we really don't have anywhere for them to sit and nothing to catch dripping wax with.

Well rather than look at this as a problem I thought of it as a challenge. I could of course go out and buy something new, but that has never really been my style. So a trip to the local op shop and this pair of candle stick holders came home with me. $3.99 for the pair = BARGAIN

 However the colours were not doing anything for me
So a coat of primer followed by a few coats of shiny white spray paint (at $2.95 a can I will do a lot of projects in white!) After a few days of drying I glued them to the base of some old white mini pie dishes I had (I used them in the days pre-children, but now we never make anything on a small scale). I also glued some felt to the bases to avoid scratching cupboards and give them perfect balance
Voila

Now we have two wonderful candle holders. Although I suspect that they might also be used as candy holders or other ornament displays on table centrepieces at Christmas and the like

No comments:

Post a Comment