Sunday, April 1, 2012

what's in that kids lunchbox........... nine.

LAST WEEK OF TERM! I am slightly proud that I have managed to keep this up for the whole term. Plus I am really looking forward to the next two weeks off. So all in all I guess I am in a good mood today.


Easter is only a week away now so this weeks lunch box is a tiny bit Easter themed.


Week 10, this kid has



  • a hot cross bun (of course!)
  • what Lucy has named "Picky Mixey", which is basically a lunch of bits and bobs that you eat with your fingers. This one has a hard boiled egg, some cabanossi, cucumber slices and some tomato.
  • some yoghurt covered fruit balls (because they look like little eggs!)
  • a fruit juice
  • and an apple for shared fruit recess.

Last week's lunch box had one criticism. She didn't like the freeze dried apples much - but Flynn did so she swapped him those and started taking some apricot bites instead. You know the ones that are in the dried fruit section that are rolled in coconut and probably full of sugar.


A good friend gave me some blinking beautiful fudgey date balls that she made over the weekend and they are so yummy that I intend to get the recipe and share it here. They will most definitely be my treat over Easter instead of chocolates. They would also be great treats for afternoon tea with a nice cup of green tea. YUMMY.


Enjoy your short week! Hope you like the rain as much as my garden does.





No comments:

Post a Comment