Thursday, April 19, 2012

Friday is for - Potato stamping

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am a bit of a scrimp when it comes to gift wrap. Wrapping paper can be expensive and in my personal opinion I would rather spend the extra 5 or 8 bucks on the actual gift than on the wrap and card. 
In the past I have used the kids paintings and drawings from craft activities and kindy, brown paper bags with labels made from golden books that I've found at thrift stores, pages from old atlases and butchers paper with iron on transfers that I have found on the cheap. I usually then write straight on the gift wrap my message to the giftee instead of giving a card. Most, if not all, of the ribbon I ever used is recycled from gifts I have received or leftovers in my sewing stuff. One Christmas I drew the ribbons onto the wrapping with a permanent red marker!
This weekend we are attending a kids party and so we have to wrap a present. Because it's school holidays I thought i would double the task as an activity to keep the kids happy. So this morning was all about potatoes and stamping.




 With the addition of a little picture from a 0.99cent golden book and a message I think we've done a good job.

I love when I can make a task that needs to be done into something fun the kids can help with.

1 comment: