Sunday, February 26, 2012

what's in that kids lunchbox?...........five

How was everyone's weekends? The cool change was welcomed in our house. Although I still managed to get some sunburn from the teeny tiny amount of time I spent in the garden. I won't complain though as I did manage to escape getting bitten by the 2 extremely large redbacks that I discovered living in the vege garden. YUCK.


Even though we had an easy going weekend, I realized last minute that we didn't have enough bread for lunches today. So I had to think a little bit outside the square. I also hadn't done any baking, but by some small miracle Lucy invited her Grandma over for dinner and she just happened to bring some homemade Anzac bikkies. Thank you lunchbox miracle fairies.


Week 5 - this kid has

  • ham, egg and picky salad
  • Grandma's Anzac Biscuit
  • Fruit crust up (frozen)
  • Sultana's
  • apple for shared fruit recess
The only down side to this lunch is that it really needs to be made fresh daily. But on the upside I just used any salad items that I had on hand and that she likes to eat. You could also put in a little pot of mayo to use like a dip. If you have a few kids to cater for another fun thing to do would be cut everything up and then get them to fill the container for themselves each morning. Handball some of the responsibility.

Again nothing came home from last weeks lunchbox. During the week she did end up switching her fruit slices to apple and then on Friday she did tell me that other kids have chocolates in their lunch and she would like one too please. I told her she was dreaming! I might consider making a chocolate zucchini cake for next week though. I am not a complete meany.

1 comment: