Tuesday, February 21, 2012

still going strong in my big girl knickers

Recently this blog has been all about school lunches and kids things. 
So I think I need to make this post 
ALL ABOUT ME. 
Just to keep things even of course.
Some many have been following or heard about my new healthier lifestyle. To date I have lost a disgusting 17kgs and 11 of those since I joined the gym. I say disgusting because I'm not really sure how I found all that weight to begin with. And I'm pretty sure when I look in the mirror I look like the same person just with added collarbones. So how does that work exactly.
Last night on the way home from the gym Lucy exclaimed that I didn't have any kilo's anymore! We asked her to explain and she said that apparently I am skinny now so I don't need to go to the gym. Unfortunately that is not true. The gym will have to be a part of my life forever I think.
That basically means that majority of the week I look like this:
and this
All panda-eyed and my makeup has completely melted off my face from sweat. Yes I wear makeup, basically because I usually have either just done school drop off or pick up and I'm one of those people who would hate for the other Mum's to see my natural skin complexion.  So yes that means I usually need 3 showers a day plus i have to do my hair and makeup twice. 
Don't judge me. Please. I only have a few vanity issues!
I have finally thrown out most of my big clothes and maternity wear (Those elastic waisted pants were my saviour, friend and hero for so long) with the intent that I will NEVER need them again.
Thankfully in my semi-hoarding way I still have heaps of jeans from over 10years ago, the last time I was this size, so I don't have to go completely broke buying all new clothes.
I am so close to my goal now that I can almost smell it. 
On that note I'm off to Zumba. Gonna shake and shimmy my booty off!

2 comments:

  1. Have you photoshopped these pics?? Your complexion is amazing and I'm very confused as to where your panda eyes are!?! I have quite bad skin but I think excersise seriously helps in improving it, but the permanent dark circles under my eyes (which I cannot see in your pics!!!) just don't seem to go away! Also congrats on all the weight loss, that's fantastic!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a sweetheart Rach. Most of my mascara was on my gym towel this day. Plus i think Clint's super duper camera tries to make you look good even if it isn't what you're aiming for. I think you are right about exercise and skin, except for at the start where it all seems to be filtering out. Are you training for a marathon or something with your running? I am a terrible runner. That is the main reason I chickened out of doing a triathlon this year.

    ReplyDelete