Monday, February 6, 2012

what's in that kids lunchbox?.......three......

We are now at week 3 on the school calendar. I can't say we survived last week without tears or tantrums. Seems full time school is a bit harder to adjust to than I first thought. Hopefully we will have found our groove by this time next week. The official score on last weeks lunchbox was a 5! (obviously I'm lucky that her expectations aren't high) Only a few grapes came home and I think that is a win. So I have decided not to get her to score her lunch. I'll just monitor what comes home.


Love is in the air this week with Valentines Day only a few sleeps away. We don't celebrate the day in the commercial type way of flowers or chocolates or gifts. But I think its fun to enjoy all the love heart shaped things. So to keep in that spirit I have decided to add some to Lucy's lunch box.


Week 3 This Kid Has


I found those little fish shaped soy sauce things at my local oriental grocer. They sell packs of them so very cheap and they are perfect for on the go. And I also put in some pickled ginger.
Lucy loves all this food so I hope she enjoys taking it to school. I have surrounded the sushi with the frozen fruit juice and an icepack on the other side - the last thing we need is food poisoning!
Only 2 sleeps till her birthday so I will prob have an entire post on party "pinkness" before next weeks lunchbox. Hope you are all enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment