Monday, January 30, 2012

a whole new school year

This week our local kids all start back at school for 2012. 
For our household our eldest munchkin starts Pre Primary which means full time schooling from now until at least 2027. She doesn't start until Thursday so this week will be easy.
 Next week however I am sure that I will be crying my eyes out by midweek.
 I am really looking forward to spending my days getting to know Flynn better. But I have spent the last 5 years with Lucy with me majority of the time and I will miss her terribly. 

Another challenge will be school lunches. So rather than see them as a chore, I thought I could see them as a challenge. The challenge is that every Monday I will post a "What's in that kids lunchbox" series. Because I will be showing the world, I'm hoping it will keep me motivated to make sure I load her lunchbox with good stuff and no junk. Last year was easy as she only attended Kindy 2 days and I had and least 2 days off in between so I could shop if I needed to. This year I will need to be organised and imaginative. 
Hopefully I can inspire others to share too. Or maybe just give some inspiration for your kids lunches or family picnics. If I make anything "out there" I'll try to make sure I let you know the recipes. Plus I'll let you know what is a hit and what is a failure. 




No comments:

Post a Comment