Thursday, January 19, 2012

Girls days and 1 on 1 kid times

Once a week our boy child goes to Daycare. I have no doubt that many people "pooh-pooh" the idea of the child of a stay at home mum attending daycare. Honestly I could care less about those opinions. For our family it works for many reasons. Some of those being that it gives him a chance to interact with other kids his age without me or his big sister interfering; he gets to play and learn with messy things that we don't do at home; I can clean the house and do the grocery shopping and have appointments without dragging him along and him getting extremely bored; etc; etc; etc.
During the school term I get the whole day child free. However right now is school holidays so Lucy is home with me and we have embraced this time and dubbed it the official "Girl Day" of our household.
This weeks GD consisted of sushi. Okay so we did other things too, but all Lucy wanted to do was have sushi for lunch. She is very easily pleased, so I thought I'd up the anti and took her to Sushi Bento that had a sushi train. She was brave enough to try a pork bun, but didn't really like it so stuck with chicken nori rolls. I promised next time we would take her Dad and dare him to eat something funny like chickens feet. HAHAHA I love that she just wants to prank him.


Life can sometimes get in the way, but mostly we try to make sure we make the effort to spend time with each of the kids separately and make a fuss about it. It's too easy to compare them to each other all the time and when they are on their own their individual personalities are so adorable. And it rarely costs much. Last week we had an afternoon with Flynn when Lucy was on a play date. We needed to go to Big W so we just let him spend as much time as he wanted in the toy isle. He didn't care that he wasn't going to take anything home. He was just happy that he wasn't rushed or told off and he could push every button on all the transformers to his hearts content.

It's these little things that have made these school holidays fairly painless. YES my house is a mess. YES they go to bed too late because we don't have to rush off to school in the mornings. I didn't say we were perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I'm really looking forward to C starting Kindy; great for her and also the boys and I will have some quality time together!
    Shall we put Chicken's feet on the menu for that dinner party you're coming to soon? ;)

    ReplyDelete