Sunday, January 15, 2012

Finding reasons to dress up

I am generally a very casual kinda girl. I think in all honesty I find not only comfort in a pair of jeans and tee, but also a little bit of security. The funny thing though is that inside my head, my personality and the way I see myself is not a jeans and tee person at all. 
I am most certainly not all glitter and sparkle or over the top, but I do like to look pretty and dress up. So lately at every given opportunity I have tried to do it - get dressed up that is!
Last night we attended a cousins engagement party so heels and a dress were not out of place and I loved every minute of it. And even though this morning - the morning after - I am feeling tired and cranky at Clint for being hungover, I find myself going through my diary checking for the next event I can get tarted up for. 
The next time I think will be a 3 year old's birthday party! Stuff it if the kids are getting dressed up so am I!
Interesting how only now in my 30's I am embracing my girlyness.

Anyone else feel like this too?

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I got my fancy pants and party shoes on at Christmas. We were only at Mum's place but it was a special night! Oh and New Year's Eve we were home but entertaining friends. It's so much fun and being a full time SAHM I rarely get the chance! I must say I'm excited about a wedding invitation we have coming for April. Dress shopping here I come!

    ReplyDelete