Monday, January 23, 2012

biggest loser australia 2012

Even though only the first episode has aired, I am already addicted and excited. All of the networks baiting and teasers have worked (you know leaks about romances and people being kicked off for boozing) I spent last night choked up at the contestants stories and hopes for love and companionship. They are so brave admitting it to the world.


In the past I have watched and followed each series of B/Loser with good intentions of getting healthier myself. But each year I can admit to watching most nights with a big bowl of carb loaded pasta etc and loading it down my throat oblivious that I was doing the exact opposite!
This year I am not using the program as inspiration or a reason to start. I thankfully found that in myself last year  and now realize that no tv program can be responsible for that. Watching this year I am excited to watch their journeys to self respect and confidence.


And on the topic of healthy living, my new lifestyle is flowing on to my kids. They have always been good eaters - in the sense that they will eat most things and they don't poo-pooh veggies or salads or even unsweetened natural yoghurt's. But I did fail them with white bread and pasta. I haven't completely given away with white pasta's, although they probably only feature about once a month round here. Now though we eat mostly quinoa in place of rice, cous cous, potatoes and pasta. It's just so easy to cook and they love it. Also I have been using only wholemeal bread for them and this morning they had wholemeal pancakes as a treat for breaky and didn't notice anything different. I do wonder how they will cope with the extreme sugar high which is sure to come from Lucy's party in a few weeks. But you are only a kid once right? And who wants a party with no cake an only carrot sticks! NOT ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment