Saturday, April 2, 2011

A lovely way to start April.

This weekend has kicked off well. We started Friday night with a"picky' dinner of pastry parcels and cheeses and dip and bikkies etc, on the outside couch around the coffee table. We didn't pressure the kids to have to eat anything they weren't interested in or sit still the whole time. SO basically they just ate dip (not even the biscuits just used them as spoons really) and some cheese and cabanossi. And between each bite they'd wander off and go on the swings and return when they were ready. Was nice not to have to stress. Then yesterday morning we did separate girls and guys things. Lucy and I went to the hairdressers and Flynn and Clint went to bunnings to get boy things i guess. We all then went up the hill to see our good friends that we haven't seen in far too long and they cooked us a really nice BBQ tea and the kids ran amok around us as we had a few bevvies and caught up. This morning I let the kids have hot cross buns for breaky and we set up a new little sandpit type play area for them. It didn't take long for Fly to pour a whole bucket load of sand onto the paving. Bless the little rascal. Really we are just waiting to find it in the water feature. No doubt he'll have that done by tomorrow. And today's lunch was Korean bulgogi beef and we made little parcels just like when we go to Arirang. I also marinated some tempeh and zucchini which was just as yummy and gave a bit of variation to each one. I really need to hunt down some quality kimchi as that was the only part that I really missed. It was so nice sitting out under the patio just with our little family. I have been trying to encourage it more as otherwise we only do it when we have guests. Plus it almost feels like an escape without having to get in the car or put makeup on. Tonight is dinner at the in laws, BBQ again I think. Such a bloody good way to start the month.

1 comment:

  1. Great to catch up with use. I agree way to far apart but busy worlds we all lead doesnt help that. The first thing tj said when she woke up was when can lucy stay over, I love lucy. I had lunch with tan today for her bday and caught up with her, which it too has been way to far between. Love your ideas for outside. I so wish we had a patio cause I would spend most of the year out there. Love the blog and photo. Classic lucy shot. You should do cooking classes and teach me how to cook. lol.

    ReplyDelete