Sunday, April 17, 2011

DIY cupcake pick decoration

A very good family friend is turning 2 this month and I offered to make these for her party. Miss S' mum is making and ultra cool butterfly cake so I thought these would keep with the theme for some extra cupcakes. They are super easy to make. First using a cutter punch (or precut shapes if you have them) cut double the amount of circles from your chosen card.
Next I like both sides to have something on them so that no matter what angle a photo is taken on the day a little something is seen. So on half of my circles I stamped a little message



Next I glued on some butterfly embellishments that i found at the craft store. Then I folded back the wings of a second butterfly and glued only the body strip so that the wings stood up like so:
the next step was to assemble the picks. So I place one stamped circle face down and glued the back making sure the message was the right way up first.
Then pressed a butterfly circle on top and used some clips to pinch the base closer together. The drying time would all depend on the glue you use, however i used a diamond glue so it was dry very quickly
And here is the end result.
I hope you enjoy making them as much as me. I keep them very simple as they usually end up in the bin within seconds after the candles are blown out. But they really help keep the party theme alive and keep me out of the kitchen on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment